There is more to pesto than pasta! Zucchini is one of those wonderful vegetables that just keeps on producing, and the more you pick the more you get. If you are eating it every day you definitely need a few ways to prepare it. This is a lovely salad which uses them raw and it has the bonus of using up some cherry tomatoes and, if you make your own pesto, some basil too. I love it with some crusty bread, but it is great as a side dish too.
Zucchini Pesto Salad
- Mandolin or potato peeler
- 3-4 whole zucchini, very thinly sliced Use a mandolin or potato peeler
- 2 Tbsp Pesto - bought or make your own
- 3-4 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 squeeze Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Parmsean shavings Use the potato peeler
- a few Cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Unless your zucchini are very fresh, leave them for about 30 minutes to drain
- Combine the pesto, olive oil, lemon juice salt and pepper
- Toss the zucchini slices and tomato in the pesto mix until all slices are well coated
- Leave it for at least an hour for the flavours mingle
- Put the salad on a plate and top with the Parmesan shavings.
- Serve with crusty bread or as a side dish