Sorbet of Roses
- 1/2 cup Castor sugar
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Red and/or pink scented rose petals
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- Dissolve the sugar in the water in a pot, stirring all the time. Bring to the boil and heat on a fast simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and add the rose petals.
- Leave to stand until cold. Strain and discard the petals. Add lemon juice
- Freeze either in an ice cream maker or in the freezer, whisking every ½hour, while you are still able, to ensure the sorbet is smooth
- It will be ready to eat after approximately 4 hours. Once it is frozenit will keep for several months.