This is one of those versatile salads that can be made with any type of similar ingredients. I have made it with apples, blue cheese and walnuts, beans, celery and mozzarella, and oranges, pumpkin seeds and feta. Red lentils are not suitable as they go mushy but use any of the other types
Lentil, Feta and Pear Salad
- 1 cup cooked lentils any kind except red
- ¼ cup lime or lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger root
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 pears chopped and tossed in lemon juice
- 1 bunch watercress or coriander
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped pecan nuts
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk together the lime juice, honey, olive oil and ginger.
- Pour the liquid over the lentils and leave for at least ½ hour.
- Mix the lentils with the other ingredients and serve at room temperature.