This pesto is just as versatile as the basil version. Cashew nuts are fairly sweet so balance out the slight bitterness of the dandelion.. I love to add dandelion pesto and mozerella cubes to hot pasta or serve it with a cheese selection.
- food processor,
- 2 cups Dandelion leaves - use young ones as the bigger ones can be bitter
- 1/2 cup Cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4-5 cloves fresh garlic
- Black pepper to taste
- Wash the dandelion leaves and shake dry in a clean dish-cloth
- Roughly chop the leaves and place in your processor with the other ingredients
- Blend well. I like my pestos quite smooth, but the consistency is your choice. Add more olive oil if it seems too dry
- Pour into a clean jar and top with a thin layer of olive oil to stop it drying out.
- Alternatively freeze in ice cube trays. I have a silicone tray with quite large blocks, and always freeze my green pestos