Sorbet of Roses
Serve this sorbet in flute champagne glasses layered with tiny white or pink meringues and either fresh or crystallised pink or red rose petals. So impressive and so simple. Or, even easier, put a dollop of sorbet in a pretty glass and pour champagne over it. Decorate with pink or red fruits- a sort of adult float!
- 1/2 cup Castor sugar
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Red and/or pink scented rose petals
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- Dissolve the sugar in the water in a pot, stirring all the time. Bring to the boil and heat on a fast simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and add the rose petals.
- Leave to stand until cold. Strain and discard the petals. Add lemon juice
- Freeze either in an ice cream maker or in the freezer, whisking every ½hour, while you are still able, to ensure the sorbet is smooth
- It will be ready to eat after approximately 4 hours. Once it is frozenit will keep for several months.